Monday, February 1, 2010

Football Fun

Something occurred to me while I was watching the pro bowl game Sunday night. The players were all enjoying themselves - and not worrying about disabling injuries.

Isn't that the way it should be all the time? Shouldn't football players be able to focus on performing to the best of their abilities without worrying about a severed spinal cord?

Okay, I accept that football is a physical game. I accept the core concept of the game - tackling the guy with the ball - means people are prone to be injured. But it seems to me there should be a way for injuries to be limited to incidental sprains and bruises.

The pro bowl was a high scoring game built on exciting marches up an down the field. Maybe fans could enjoy a greater number of fast paced challenges if the chances of serious injuries were reduced.

No comments: