Friday, February 12, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Not having to be at work today and finding myself without a car, I have been rediscovering the simple pleasures in life.

With bright afternoon sun streaming in through the window of my home office, I positioned my desk chair next to the window, propped my feet on the top of my desk, closed my eyes, and basked in the warm light.

When a growling deep in my stomach woke me from my nap, I had the good fortune of finding an unopened jar of peanut butter in the pantry. There are few things better than the very first scoop from a new jar of peanut butter.

A good peanut butter requires either a slice of rye toast or a newly opened sleeve of crackers as an accompaniment. I opted for the crip crackers - along with a cup of hot herbal tea.

My stomach satisfied and my blog entry for the day posted, the sunshine is once again calling my name. So I'll just prop my feet back up on my desk, lean back in my chair, and let the screeching of the seagulls outside my window carry me into daydreams of mid summer.

No comments: