Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tabby Monarch

We have two tabby cats. One of the two has always sported a white blaze on her chest. I've noticed the blaze has grown significantly larger of late.

Well, I guess it's not so much the blaze has expanded but that the surrounding fur has faded from orange to white.

When the cat sits upright and looks at me head on she appears to be wearing the robes of an English noble (or the ghost of Christmas Present from the movie Scrooge). A thick band of white tucks up into the base of her neck, then drops vertically down the center of her chest. The only things missing are the over generous sleeves cuffed by rings of white fur.

The cat looks more regal, aloof, and - tired - these days. Perhaps I'm just projecting my own snow weariness onto the cat but I suspect not. The fading hues of orange and the abundance of silver-white fur suggests the cat is moving into her golden years.

For Media Girl's sake I hope those golden years prove to be lengthy.

No comments: