Thursday, February 11, 2010

Phone Injustice

There is no justice in the world.

Just when I no longer had to shovel snow from the lawn for the dog, I had to shovel a swath across the front yard so the phone repairman could get to the data box on the side of the house.

All during the recent blizzards I had worked hard at keeping the driveway clear. Proof of my diligence is the five foot mound of snow running along either edge of the drive - a mound which I had to shovel through today as part of providing access for the repairman.

Now that I think about it, perhaps the chore of breaking through the wall of snow and slicing through the three foot drifts in the front yard was unnecessary.

I had already decided that if snow appeared in the forecast one more time this season I was going to purchase a one way ticket to the Caribbean.

No comments: