Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dreaming Breakfast

If you're like me, you occasionally wake from a dream in the middle of the night with something brilliant rattling around in your head- the tune for a song with Grammy potential, the storyline for a book that would certainly land on the best seller list, or some newfangled creation that folks will flock to buy.

The idea is so clear, so awesome, that you are certain you'll remember every detail in the morning. So rather than crawling out from under the warm blankets, you take a moment to appreciate your own genius then roll over and promptly fall back to sleep.

In the morning, if you remember anything at all, it is only sketchy and imperfect remnants of what would have been your ticket to fame and fortune.

So when I woke from the same dream twice last night mumbling a name - and when that same name was still lodged in my memory when I wakened - I just had to google it.

The top seven hits led me to southeastern Turkey where archeologists excavating a 10,000 year old village had discovered that pigs were the first domesticated animal raised for a food source.

I guess that even in the middle of the night I must have had breakfast on my mind.

No comments: