Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sibling Event

Life has been tossing Media Girl some real challenges recently. Motivated Mom and I have been trying to coach our daughter through this period with limited success. Being seventeen, Media Girl just doesn't want to hear what her parents have to say.

Much to my surprise and appreciation, College Dude invited his sister to spend a week with him in Pittsburgh. College Dude is hoping that the change of venue will allow Media Girl to get a fresh perspective on things.

I was surprised by College Dude's offer because normally he and Media Girl get along together about as well as gasoline and matches. I appreciated our son's offer because it has been incredibly frustrating for me to watch Media Girl struggle. Hopefully College Dude's expression of brotherly love will help Media Girl get back on track.

I'm viewing this sibling event as an indication that, despite the lack of a parenting handbook, Motivated Mom and I have done our jobs pretty well.

No comments: