Sunday, August 16, 2009

Birthday Wants

Happy Birthday to Motivated Mom! My wife turns... well... she's gained another year of beauty.

I've never been good at reading members of the opposite sex. That I ever wound up married is a result of divine intervention.

I'm remembering back to the first of Motivated Mom's birthdays that I shared with her. I had asked weeks in advance what she wanted for her birthday.

Saying birthdays had always been low key in her family, Motivated Mom shrugged and said it would be nice to have a new laundry basket and a dust buster.

So that was exactly what I got her for her birthday - along with a romantic card of course.

See what I mean about divine intervention?

I did better in following years.

Motivated Mom has now reached a point where being with, and hearing from, family members is all she really wants out of a birthday.

So today was a nice dinner outing that included Media Girl and Queen Bee. A call from College Dude capped the day off nicely.

I guess I'm reading that right. I guess that when Motivated Mom says all she wants from a birthday is quality family time, that really is all she wants.

Or should I have bought a new floor mop?

No comments: