Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dress Code

During dinner with friends the other evening, Motivated Mom (my wife) made reference to my pre-marriage night on the town attire.

In my earlier years, I took exception to dress codes. I felt that as long as person was dressed neatly, a jacket and tie should not be a prerequisute for partaking of a nice meal or enjoying an off-broadway play.

Since I did appreciate the occassional opportunity to enjoy the "finer things in life", I finally accepted the need to make concessions - but on my terms. I decided I could make a statement while conforming to the expectations of society.

So I put together what was to become known as my night on the town attire. My ensemble started with a tie-died denim suit and a pair of tan western boots. A tuxedo shirt with ruffles edged in pale blue was accented by a neon pink bow tie. Not content to let my shoulder length hair and bushy beard finish the look, I topped off with a leather western hat.

I guess all of this was on my mind when I was clothes shopping yesterday. I came home with a blue sport coat along with a tie having a generous amount of pink in the design.

I am absolutley going to be the cat's meow.

No comments: