Thursday, July 2, 2009

Light bulb Life

At our house it's time to stock up on light bulbs.

There's a darkened bulb in the bathroom and another fried bulb in the dining room.

Which means that bulbs will soon be fizzling in every other room of the house.

I know this from past history.

All too many times I have taken the last seventy-five watt bulb from the storage cabinet with the thought that I'll soon need to purchase a new four pack. But before I even have the chance to make a note on the weekly shopping list, Motivated Mom inevitably calls out from another part of the house that a bulb has just blown near her.

Which leaves me looking at my inventory of 150 watt and 25 watt bulbs that never seem to get used and trying to decide if I should go for soft mood lighting or movie set brilliance.

It's almost guaranteed that by the time I pick up a new four pack, two more bulbs will have gone out. Counting the fixture with the temporary 25 watt bulb (I generally go for mood lighting as a quick fix) I'm back down to a single bulb in reserve.

And then this little story starts all over.

I'm determined to break the cycle this time. I'm going to stock up. Twenty bulbs should hold me for a while.

No comments: