Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trains & Ringo

I was reading that railroad lines have idled over 5000 locomotives because of reduced demand for freight transport.

Thomas the Tank train engine came to mind. I pictured poor old Thomas muttering oh dear and oh my as he was routed to the inactive train yard.

I went to the web site for Thomas and was relieved to see that Thomas and Percy are still hard at work hauling rail cars up and down the rail lines.

Which I guess means that Ringo Starr is secure in his conductor position and that Shining Times station is successfully navigating the difficult economic times.

It's relieving to know that the important things in life remain consistent.

(For those of you who don't have children - you can google Thomas the Tank Engine to find out what this post is all about.)

No comments: