Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer & Hot Chocolate

June 21st ushered in summer. Right along with summer came - a run on hot chocolate.

Yep, that's right. This year's favorite summer drink is steaming chocolate.

I was working my bridge job at the local convenience store Sunday morning. The sky was gray, the wind was blowing, and frustrated vacationers were lining up for cups of piping hot cocoa.

Tanned faces were few and far between. Frowns were the expression of the day. If I could have produced a couple boxes of scarves and mittens I'd have turned a profit that would have made Donald Trump envious.

As I watched the customers standing in shivering expectation, a Dr. Seuss-like string of words played through my mind:

Something's not right, something's gone astray.
The temperature should be climbing past eighty and three.
There should be no chattering teeth, no shaking of knees.

No comments: