Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Holiday Ice Cream

The ice cream man came rolling through our neighborhood this afternoon.

The truck looks much the same as the ice cream trucks that I ran to greet as a kid, but the announcement of the ice cream man's arrival has changed. The jingle of bells has been replaced by music blaring through a loudspeaker.

Technological advancement is to be expected I suppose, but I found the music selections to be a little odd.

The first song to tickle my ears was a tinny version of Bohemian Rhapsody which morphed into Jingle Bells. Okay I can kind of understand the Jingle Bells thing, but when that song rolled into Away in a Manger followed by Oh Holy Night I was dumbfounded.

I was tempted to chase the truck down and order an ice cream cup just to see if the cardboard container was decorated with a Nativity scene.

No comments: