Thursday, January 15, 2009

Honor Thy Father

I received an e-mail the other day that I forwarded on to a few people. One of the people I forwarded it to was College Dude (for new readers - College Dude is my son).



It seems College Dude did not agree with the sentiments expressed in the e-mail. He replied with a scathing message dressing me down for having forwarded it.



Hmmm, obviously I didn't spend enough time on the Honor Thy Father concept during College Dude's formative years.



Because obviously the correct response from College Dude should have been....



Most Honorable Father:

It is with regret that I must inform you that I do not share your views on this subject. Though it grieves me to do so, I must humbly request that you refrain from sending any further messages expressing similar views. Please accept my heartfelt apologies for this most unfortunate turn of events.

Your Humble Servant,

College Dude



That has a suitable tone to it, don't you think?

No comments: