Saturday, January 10, 2009

Except the One I Need

We are in the process of moving furniture around in our house. My mother will be moving in with us in a few weeks. Oh, I guess I'll need to come up with a character name for her in my blogs.

Some of the furniture we're rearranging is modular office furniture. I'm having to make a few customizations to one particularly large piece of furniture in order to make it fit into its new space.

I headed to my workshop where I have a pretty good assortment of tools.

Except - it turns out - the one I need.

In disbelief, I stood in front of my workbench staring at forty different drill bits. How could I not have the one size I needed?

Have you ever noticed how this frequently seems to happen? You can have the best stocked kitchen, the best supplied workshop, the best equipped studio; but when a big project is under way a key component is missing.

Not to worry. I intentionally started this project well in advance (I'm learning in my old age) in anticipation of a few snags.

Tomorrow I'll make my first of what I'm sure will become several trips to the hardware store.

No comments: