Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Motivational Priorities

There is no try - only do.

I stared at that phrase printed in big bold letters on the back of a delivery truck and wondered why it sounded so familiar.

I didn't recognize the name of the seafood distributor and was fairly certain I hadn't seen the truck before. So why was the phrase ringing a bell?

My memory kicked in just before I got close enough to the truck to make out the word YODA in smaller print.

Of course. Yoda. The Jedi Master for whom all things were possible.

Could it be that the distributor had to turn to a fictional character for the proper motivational statement or was the CEO simply a Star Wars fan?

I spent some time considering that question - and finally determined that sometimes we have to view the world from an outside perspective in order to identify proper priorities.

No comments: