Friday, September 10, 2010

Coming to a Klingon Center Near You

If you're familiar with Ouija Boards, then you know that when conditions are just right the pointer used with the board moves from letter to letter to spell out a message.

When I fired up my computer this evening, the arrow pointer of the mouse moved across the screen and led me directly to... a link about a new opera.

Now ordinarily I would not have interest in an opera - but I must confess I was intrigued to read that the show, opening in the Netherlands, is sung entirely in the Klingon language - by folks dressed like Klingon's.

Honest injun - Klingon! (I'm picturing Lt. Worf belting out a string of bass notes.)

If you're a Star Trek fan and you just dropped your jaw at this bit of news and are now preparing to visit Priceline for a cheap airline ticket - well maybe you want to google transporter instead. The opera only has a three day run.

The website didn't reference a name for the performance. I can only guess it would be titled A Good Day to Die.

No comments: