Sunday, September 12, 2010

Calling at the Wrong Time

My home phone has been ringing off the hook recently. Politicians, friends of politicians, and concerned citizens all have recommendations as to how I should cast my vote in the upcoming primary election.

So....If the politicians have time to call me now, why can't they find the time to call during the normal course of business?

I'd actually appreciate picking up the phone and hearing someone say: Hey, Bruce, there's an important bill in front of Congress right now. Since I represent you, I'd like to know where you stand so that I can make an informed decision on how to vote.

Somehow I think such an occurrence would appear in my diary like this:

Dear Diary,
I was talking with my congressman today and nearly missed seeing the pig land in the front yard.

No comments: