Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Finding Opportunity

When I sat down at my computer I knew exactly what today's post was going to be.

By the time my blog site loaded, the flash of creative brilliance that was going to awe my readers had disappeared like a spark being sucked up a chimney.

Opportunity lost - which makes me think of opportunity found.

Just such an opportunity - a finding opportunity - presented itself to College Dude when he was visiting the other week.

College Dude, Language Lass, Motivated Mom, and Queen Bee had gone to the book sale at the local library.

And what did College Dude discover there but a first edition printing of Jerle Shannara Isle Witch, a novel by Terry Brooks. Talk about finding the proverbial needle in a haystack!

Sometimes magic works and we find ourselves the recipients of incredible good fortune.

College Dude is an avid fan of Terry Brooks so the finding of the book was indeed a thrill for him.

Maybe the magic will work again and College Dude will have the opportunity to have the author sign that first edition.

No comments: