Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cat Scratch Weather

We have a cat, Ginger, who, scratches at the door like a dog when she wants to go out. That was one of the reasons we installed a pet door - so that our cats could come and go as they please without the human folk having to act as doormen.

This morning Ginger refused to consider the pet door and went back to door scratching accompanied by mournful howling.

So, being the attentive doorman that I am, I slid the patio door open.

...and Ginger just sat there.

I finally figured out what the problem was. It was pouring rain and Ginger didn't like it. She had obviously been hoping the human folk door would lead to better weather than the cat door.

When that proved not to be the case, Ginger gave me an accusing stare - as though the weather was my doing.

Then it occurred to me that Ginger very well may believe I have the power to change the weather. After all, I can change darkness to light with the flip of a switch. So why wouldn't I be able to switch the rain on and off as well?

No comments: