Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Absolute Absolution

Oops! I missed a day after committing to getting back on a regular posting schedule.

I guess I better hope for absolution. Fortunately I can afford it.

What, you ask, absolution can be bought?

Uh-hum, yeah, ah, well that was one of the crazy turns my mind took this morning when I saw the neon sign advertising Absolute $29.99.

I got to thinking what if the sign were to be in front of a church instead of a liquor store, and what if Absolute were replaced with absolution?

Would the church be filled to capacity? Would people be willing to spend $29.99 to have their slate wiped clean?

I'm guessing they would - unless absolution mandated keeping the slate clean afterward. Then I'm thinking the response would drop dramatically.

We've become a society that wants instant gratification. Having to work at holding onto the sense of well being following gratification doesn't seem to be on our agenda anymore.

No comments: