Friday, September 25, 2009

Dream Scream

We've all had them. Dreams where we are trying to escape something but can't make our legs move. Dreams where we are walking up to something we don't want to see but can't turn away.

Last night I had a dream in which I was trying to scream at the approach of something terrifying but couldn't. I tried and tried but just couldn't force the scream out of my mouth.

Except that I did. Motivated Mom shook me awake and asked my god, what's wrong?

What? I asked, realizing I already knew the answer to that question.

Motivated Mom informed me I had emitted a series of blood curdling screams.

I don't think that's ever happened before - achieving in real life what I couldn't accomplish in a dream.

I wonder if this is the start of a trend. Will I start waking to find myself running through the house to escape whatever is chasing me?

I'm going to be really concerned about those dreams where I find myself in a public place without my clothes.

No comments: