Sunday, March 6, 2011

Waiting for Chocolate

The town of Rehoboth Beach hosted their annual chocolate festival this past Saturday.  A friend reported to me that, as in years past, folks were lined up for three city blocks waiting for their chance to sample sweet morsels.

Now I'm not a chocolate lover (I'm sure some of you think that makes me only slightly less questionable than un-American) but even if I did periodically gorge on the sweet stuff I can't imagine waiting for hours to do a taste test.

The actual sampling takes place withing the convention center. I can only hope that after their long wait afficiandos are at least entertained by juggling Oompa-loompah's or something.

After consuming vast quantities of chocolate you know those folks must have been ready to try out for the olympic track team. Thank goodness the weather cooperated so consumers could burn off their choco-stimulus with a few mile long laps on the boardwalk.

No comments: