Monday, October 25, 2010

Year Coastering

My apologies for the lack of advance notice that I would be away from the blog-o-sphere for a few days.

I was focused on coastering into another year.

This was my second annual roller coaster birthday celebration. What better way to spend a birthday than being with the ones you love while riding the twists, turns, rises, and drops of engineering marvels designed to scare a year or two of life out of you?

Having reached my fifties perhaps I shouldn't risk the shortening of life, but as was discussed over the weekend, everyone has to go sometime so I might as well give myself the chance to have fun on they way out.

That I am typing this blog entry is proof that I didn't check out during any of the hundred-and-some foot drops. If anything, I feel a few years younger than I did before my thrill ride weekend.

No comments: