Monday, October 11, 2010

Glued to the Wall

I'm never going to get used to frogs clinging to the siding of my house.

I first noticed the little green tree frogs last summer. Last summer in these parts was obnoxiously hot and humid (even for someone who loves hot weather) and I thought the tree frogs had mistakenly viewed the mid-atlantic coast as an extension of the rain forest.

Whatever it was that brought them here, the frogs have stuck around - literally.

Coming up the front steps tonight I prepared to battle my way through the critters that gather around the light on the front stoop. What I thought to be a healthy sized moth folded up next to the light fixture turned out to be a frog holding fast with his suction cup feet.

With all of the tiny insects buzzing around, I guess light-side dining is ecstasy for an acrobatic amphibian.

No comments: