Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Double the Fun

I should have known from the moment I took the faucet apart this was not going to be a quick fix of a leaking valve - because the valve was a design I had never seen before.

A trip (make that trips) to multiple hardware and home improvement stores confirmed that I was not the owner of a popular brand faucet. I would not be returning home with a replacement valve.

Which meant I would be replacing the entire faucet. Make that faucets, because not having a popular brand faucet I would not be returning home with a matching faucet.

Our bathroom has a double sink vanity. Were I living alone I would have replaced just the one dysfunctional faucet , but in deference to Motivated Mom's decorating preferences, I resigned myself to install a matching pair.

Emptying the contents of the first vanity cabinet I found myself staring at a space equivalent in size to a child's car seat - which meant I would have enough room for my head, my shoulders, and half of a wrench.

Wishing I had pursued a career as a contortionist, I wriggled my way into the confined space with motions similar to a cat getting a good back scratch in freshly mowed grass.

I won't detail the number of times I wriggled in and out of first one and then the second space. Suffice it to say I now have eight pack abs.

Next time I'll just put a sponge in the sink to muffle the sound of dripping water.

No comments: