Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stuck in the Middle

Sunrise to the right of me, lightning to the left,
Here I am, stuck in the middle of the two.

Apologies to Stealers Wheel, but those words were running through my mind on the trip into work this morning.

To the east (right) of me, the horizon was washed in the muted yellow common to the hours just before dawn. To the west (left) the purple sky was a dark backdrop to blinding streaks of lightning.

I could almost imagine I was in a shuttle craft, racing along the seam between adjoining universes, trying to make my way back to the Starship Enterprise.

A slight veer to the right and I would find myself headed for a world with dense flora and bright sun. A jog to the left would send me spinning into the maw of universe being devoured by a black hole.

Just a typical day in the workweek.


No comments: