Friday, July 2, 2010

Womglish 101

I have the house to myself for a couple of days.

(Well mostly. Media Girl is around but since graduating from high school "around" means anywhere outside of a five mile radius from the house except when she's hungry.)

Anyway, before leaving, Motivated Mom mentioned that she had straightened up the house and shampooed the rugs so that I would find the house relaxing.

Good thing I'm brushed up on Womglish (woman English) because while at first glance Motivated Mom's statement might elicit an ahhhh.... isn't that nice - there's a much deeper message.

When the Womglish translation is applied, I straightened up the house and shampooed the rugs so that you would find the house relaxing actually means...

I worked my ass off cleaning the house and it better look the way it does now when I get home.

And of course I'll make sure it does ... mostly.

No comments: