Saturday, July 10, 2010

Beware the Golf Cart

A hospital in our area has issued a health warning about...... golf carts.

I guess I should explain that the region I live in has many retirement communities. When the knees just don't work the way they used to, a battery powered cart becomes the preferred method of getting around to see the neighbors.

When I first saw the article headline I couldn't believe it was possible for a golf cart to go fast enough to be a hazard.

Well, it seems speed is not the issue. A marked increase in golf cart related emergency room visits stems from.... people falling out of the carts.

My gosh, are the older folks falling asleep at the wheel and flopping sideways out of their put-put?

Maybe they should pack a cooler of Ensure or some other protein drink before heading off to that bridge game.

No comments: