Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Arks and Cars

I need to brush up on my cubits.

Because it's time to build an ark.

Rather than animal stalls I'll construct state rooms on the upper decks and parking slips below. I'm certain the ark will have full occupancy even before the sailing date.


So much rain has fallen in the past two days that rescue workers are wading around in water up to their waists, children are being evacuated from day care centers, and cars are floating off to points unknown.

Can you imagine walking out to the parking lot at the end of a work day and discovering a whole corner of the lot (the corner where your car had been parked) had been washed clean - washed clean as in devoid of cars?

That's just the scenario that all too many local folks experienced today.

I guess the owners of the dozens of missing cars can only hope that the air bags deployed and somehow kept the cars afloat rather than sinking to the bottom of the river that had quadrupled in size.

No comments: