Wednesday, July 21, 2010

If It's Real, Get Out of the Water

There are some photographs that just command your attention.

Such was the case for me today when I saw the picture on the MSN web page of a supposed 40 ton whale apparently crash landing on a private yacht.

I use the words supposed and apparently because nowadays I can never be sure if a picture displayed on the internet is legit or photoshopped.

Once I got past my initial whoaa reaction I started wondering how it was that a photographer on some other vessel just happened to have his camera focused on the subject yacht at the exact moment that the whale breached the water.

But such chance opportunities do sometimes occur and if this truly was an incredible encounter then it goes to support my opinion that while it's great to sit at the water's edge, I want no part of being on board anything smaller than an aircraft carrier once the water beneath me is deep enough for a 40 ton (or even quarter ton) creature to be swimming around.

No comments: