Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Candy Sky

It was the sound of raindrops hitting the skylight that caused me to look up during my morning wake up routine today. The slate gray sky coupled with the quickly pooling water explained my lethargy. I figured there wasn't much hope for a vitamin D energy rush.

So I was really quite surprised when I walked out the door and found myself looking at a sky that had me thinking the Willy Wanka candy factory had exploded. Colors of a hue that could surely exist only in a mixing vat of Everlasting Gobstoppers streamed through ragged breaks in the clouds.

In fact the entire sky looked like an enormous flatware plate had been dropped and pieces were swirling in a pastel whirlpool.

Even on the most unpromising of days, nature can through out a party favor.

No comments: