Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pampering a Chef

I passed a van today with the words Pampered Chef silk screened in the windows and it got me to thinking about the implements bearing those same words that I've seen in my sister's kitchen recently.

Which got me to thinking....

To be truly pampered, a chef wouldn't have special gadgets - a chef would have someone else doing the cooking.

I know that when it's my turn to whip up a meal in the kitchen I would feel pampered only if I wasn't lifting a finger.

I'm picturing Dom DeLuise walking into my kitchen wearing one of those two foot tall white chef hats along with a full apron and saying... hey, Bruce, step aside, let me handle things here.

(It would have to be Dom or someone with a similar personality because if Gordon Ramsey walked in his first words would be J... C.... what kind of a F....ing excuse for food is this? -- and I wouldn't feel pampered at all.

Anyway, chef Dom would set about cooking up an Italian feast while I sipped margaritas on the back patio. Then, just before it was time for dinner, chef Dom would say toodle-loo leaving me to dish out steaming hot food for the members of my family.

THAT's what being a pampered chef is all about.

No comments: