Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jeepers Peepers

The peepers are out in force this evening. For those of who have never been beyond city limits, peepers are little frogs that make more racket than a crying baby with a megaphone.

There were easily a dozen of the little hoppers dancing around my feet as I came up the front walk this evening.

For some reason I pictured Dennis Mitchell standing at the edge of his neighbor's garden saying: Jeepers Mr. Wilson, do you hear all those peepers?

And of course Mr. Wilson would be terrified that Dennis was about to dive into the prized garden in search of the little critters.

As I write this the invasion of the peepers continues, with platoons of frogs raising their combined voices to decibel levels that put a rock concert to shame.

The Verizon network will be of no benefit tonight. Though I may have coverage, I won't be able to hear my caller for the cacophony outside my window.

No comments: