Wednesday, May 13, 2009

British House

I really enjoy the television show House. Hugh Laurie has made the character of Dr. House so real that I wouldn't blink twice if I saw Hugh walking the halls of our local hospital.

I was astounded when College Dude told me Hugh Laurie was British. There is not so much as a hint of accent when Dr. House speaks.

College Dude found an interview clip with Hugh on You Tube and played it for me. The sound wasn't the greatest and Hugh's nationality soon slipped my mind - until I saw an interview on television the other day.

There was Hugh, dressed in jeans and casual shirt just as Dr. House would wear, speaking in an unmistakably British accent.

It might as well have been a Martian on the television. My mind simply refused to accept the evidence of a British House. I feared that one of my favorite shows would be changed to me forever.

Thankfully I never gave a thought to the British during the season finale.

No comments: