Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cat Attitude

Our cat, Ginger is staring at me accusingly, certain I intentionally tried to make her seem like a fool.

I didn't of course, but when a cat has made up its mind there's just no arguing.

Ginger loves to curl up in my lap when I'm at the computer. She arrives rather circuitously - across the window sill to the back of the desk, behind the printer, over the Ipod speakers, across the central workspace, and into my lap.

An open loose leaf binder on the front of the desk proved to be precariously placed. When Ginger stepped on the leading edge, the binder flipped, papers flew, writing instruments pinwheeled, and Ginger found herself on the floor.

Despite the mess, Ginger was somehow comfortably seated, absently licking her front paw by the time I turned around.

But I'm not fooled by this innocent act. Her eyes clearly relay a message. Trick me again and I'll make sure I leap to your lap with claws extended.

No comments: