Thursday, May 28, 2009

Glowing Monkeys

Today's post is not what I had originally intended. I had video game reminiscing on my mind, but while my internet home page was coming up I noticed an article about glowing monkeys. As you can imagine, my curiosity was piqued.

The article described how a group of scientists genetically altered monkeys to make the monkeys' hair glow green. This unique trait was passed on to the monkeys' offspring.

Wow! I thought. Energy problems solved. Alter humans in the same way and electric lighting will no longer be required.

Want to read a book at night? All it would take would be a simple mental command to increase the wattage of your natural glow, then settle in anyplace with your favorite novel.

Dinner could be either a romantically or brilliantly lit affair depending on the level of natural glow.

One possible drawback.... If the glow were to automatically ramp up when you were - ah - aroused, it might get difficult to see the screen at a drive in movie.

No comments: