Thursday, June 9, 2011

Debt Ceiling

I got my car back from the repair shop today - and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. The loaner car I'd been given was a vehicle with all the bells and whistles: leather seats, an A/C system with a setting for subzero, state of the art sound system, sunroof, and about twenty button-controlled options I really never had a chance to explore. The only thing missing was a personal masseuse.

The loaner vehicle was something I could live in. So great was my longing I actually looked into the price - which was way out of my range.  Unless...

I e-mailed Motivated Mom saying I needed to her to cast a vote.

For what? she asked.

I replied, To increase our debt limit.

Her lack of a response made it obvious I needed to explain in more detail.

We vote, I call the bank and tell them to approve a loan we can't possibly repay for twenty years. When the bank questions me I'll tell them our household financial oversight committee voted to increase our debt ceiling - so now we can legally move forward with borrowing the funds required to purchase a car we can't afford.

No comments: