Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Why Is That Doggie in the Window?

It isn't all that unusual to see a dog hanging its head out of a car window. But when I saw a canine face hanging out of the driver's window I got a little concerned.

The furry head was poking out of the window of a slow moving car two vehicles ahead in the adjacent lane.  I wasn't sure whether the slow speed of the car was due to the driver's vision being blocked, or if the operator was waiting for the dog to bark when it was time to turn left.

I sincerely hoped the car wasn't losing speed because the dog was trying to keep one paw on the wheel and one on the gas while peering out of the window.

Then I wondered... what if the canine head was actually attached to a human body?  The name Abernathy came to mind and I sped up to see if there might just be a vest and tie below those floppy ears.

Alas the traffic light changed before I could catch up. The car with the dog head in the window continued lazily through the intersection and I was left to wonder if there was more reality in fantasy than I had believed.

No comments: