Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Packing and Tossing

So here I am packing again.  Packing up my office in preparation for moving to another State agency and packing up the "bungalow" that has served as my retreat two nights a week.

And while the packing has involved a trip or two more to my car than I'd like, I'm pleased to see that I've managed to accumulate relatively little in the past fourteen months.  It seems I have finally listened to my own cry for sanity in a world focused on acquisition.

Now I must set my new attitude loose on my primary residence. I think the new rule is going to be the empty space in a room must be at least twice that amount of space occupied by furniture and "things".  Where those ratios are out of whack, stuff is going to have to go - pickup truck loads at a time if need be.

The challenge is going to be Motivated Mom and I agreeing on what goes and what stays.

No comments: