Sunday, May 1, 2011

Commencement & Transition

Throughout life there are moments when "normal" is redefined.

I experienced one of those transition moments this weekend. The transition was marked by College Dude's commencement. One day a college senior and the next an electrical engineer, our son moves into the work-a-day world of business folks everywhere.

Motivated Mom and I spent the weekend as guests in the western Pennsylvania apartment of College Dude and Language Lass. We've spent time there before, but this weekend was different. We were visiting not students, but a couple in the birth moments of a new life.

It seems not that long ago that College Dude was the new birth in the lives of Motivated Mom and I.

On our ride back home, Motivated Mom and I will be leaving a couple whose lives will now run parallel, rather than is series, to our own. (Like how I worked an engineering related phrase in there?)

 Though College Dude will always be our son, we have entered a new era. I'm still trying to get a read on just what this new road entails.

No comments: