Sunday, May 15, 2011

Deposit With a Cherry On It

You've probably seen them, those gleaming silver structures that resemble a railroad passenger car sitting in the middle of a parking lot.  Invariable they bear a sign saying simply DINER, and within is probably some of the best short order food to be found within twelve city blocks.

My travels hither and yon the past few days took me past such a gleaming establishment. I was caught totally of guard by a sign indicating the steel and glass frame housed a bank branch. I found myself wondering how I would feel about doing my banking where I could see my reflection as I walked across the parking lot.

I suppose it could work out well for the lunch time errand crowd.

Can I help you, sir?

Yes, hi, I'd like to make a deposit.

Would you like apple or cherry pie while I process your request?

No comments: