Monday, May 24, 2010

Weather-View

Remember View-Masters? The contraption looked like a pair of binoculars but rather than looking afar, they were used for viewing recorded images. A round paper disk containing a series of small film slides fit into the plastic housing. Depressing a lever on the side of the viewer caused the disk to advance and with each click of the lever a different scene popped into view.

Today's weather during the commute home brought View-Masters to mind.

I left the parking lot with a gray sky hanging above.

Two miles down the road - click - the weather scene advanced to a steady drizzle.

Another two miles - click - my car was being pummeled by a downpour.

Three more miles - click - I was in bright sunshine with blue sky overhead.

Click - I had zero visibility as rain fell in solid sheets.

Click - back to puffy white clouds and hazy sun.

I was so entranced by the rapid weather changes that I was home before I knew it.

No comments: