Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We All...

It's one of those nights where my mind simply refuses to shift into creative gear. Spending a day reviewing government related documents can do that to you.

So I cast my thoughts in all directions hoping something would bring inspiration. I even channel surfed for a while and stumbled across a television station broadcasting a performance by a local band whose drummer looked exactly like Lt. Warf form Star Trek the Next Generation.

A Klingon drummer may be an oddity but I just couldn't see a blog post coming out of it.

Then I heard the musical tinkling of the ice cream truck outside my window and realized I had something. A Klingon ice cream vendor.

Imagine racing after the ice cream truck as a kid - despair that you had missed your chance turning to euphoria when you saw the truck pulling to the curb.

There would be confusion when you studied the pictures of frozen treats on the side of the truck and saw not ice cream cones and popsicles but something resembling squid on a stick.

Confusion would turn to out and out fright when the door of the truck opened and a six foot five inch cross between human and lizard appeared with a coin changer hanging from a shoulder sash.

See - told you my mind was stuck. We'll all hope for better things to come

No comments: