Friday, December 18, 2009

Four Letter Forecast

The four letter word beginning with S is in the weather forecast.

A lot of folks would consider snow on a Friday night to be a non issue. They're planning a weekend in front of the fireplace with holiday music playing.

I would have felt the same way at one time, but now that I'm part of the workforce that makes their way to their place of employment before the rising of the sun on Saturday, I'm seriously bumming over this unwelcome forecast.

Preparing to type today's post, I accidentally clicked on a bookmarked link to an earth-cam site showing the beaches of Aruba.

Eighty-eight degrees with palm trees waving in the wind looked more than a little appealing. Much as I enjoy Christmas, I would trade steel drum music for holiday carols in the blink of an eye.

Hmmm... perhaps I should investigate employment with the cruise line industry. I could handle being at work on a weekend morning if I were surrounded by sunshine, blue water, and warm breezes.

No comments: