Monday, November 3, 2008

Hokey Pokey

Set your hour hand back, set your hour hand ahead, set your hour hand back, and shake yourself about.

That's what I'm going to be doing over the next few weeks and my head is spinning at the thought of the mental Hokey Pokey I'll be doing.

The clock changes at either end of daylight saving time always through my body's rhythm out of whack. For two weeks after the clock change I'm just not in sync with the world around me. It's kind of like a movie where the sound is half a second off from the picture.

I should have recovered from the recent clock change by the16th of the month.

I'll be good for a week.

Then, on the 21st I leave for vacation and my destination will require that I set my watch an hour ahead again (I'm not complaining mind you - just making an observation).

I'll be midway through my second time resynchronization when it will be time to return home and set my watch back an hour once more.

Frankly I'm a little concerned that maybe this type of time play was the cause of Rip Van Winkle's extended sleep. I mean, like maybe old Rip took a misstep between clock changes and just kind of slipped between time lines.

What ever will I do if I find myself waking up in the seat of an airplane that has become part of aeronautics museum in the year 2074?

No comments: