Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cold Weather & Ancestors

When I stepped out into the parking lot after work tonight I was greeted by a cold wind that made my eyes water, my nose run, and the tips of my ears burn. I HATE cold weather.

I firmly believe that humans were never meant to have to endure cold weather. So why is it that we have to?

During the drive home I realized it is our ancestors' fault.

Everything was good back in the dinosaur age. Tropical conditions, lush plant growth, the entire world was a giant jacuzzi.

Then came that cataclysmic climate change that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Our ancestors had their chance then. They could have moved deep within their caves, sealed off the entrances and said Uh-uh, no sir, we are not going out in that.

Then the Creator of the world would have been forced to say Oops, my bad. Let me crank the heat back up.

But nooo, our ancestors had to go and figure out a way to tough it out. Clubbing animals over the head for their skins, building fires to pollute the atmosphere, it's been all down hill ever since.

And now I have to deal with frostbitten ears.

No comments: