Monday, August 6, 2012

Salad Free Travel

Given the media advertising for organic, sugar free, low sodium, gluten free, and all wheat products; you would think that there would be an abundance of healthy foods available to the general population.

And while that may be the case in our local grocery stores it certainly doesn't hold true for the eating establishments lining the highways and biways of America.

After racking up some twelve hundred highway miles over the past five days, I would have given my right arm for a well stocked salad bar. Try as I might to find a salad I could make a meal of, the best I could find was a mix of greens to accompany a high carb, high fat dinner.

It seems that when traveling American's are determined to thrive on starches, meats, and pasta.

Never were the Tupperware containers of fruit and garden salads in my refrigerator such a welcome sight as when I returned home.

No comments: