Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Crabby Grass

The one drawback to going on vacation is that the rest of the world goes on as usual.

E-mails pile up, the U.S. mail fills the mailbox, and the grass still grows.

And just who were the folks who decided front lawns should be composed of special fescues requiring feeding, weeding, watering, and all around tender loving care when crab grass proliferates regardless of the soil quality or rainfall?

It seems to me any grass that can multiply exponentially in a mere week despite blazing heat should be the grass of choice for all lawns.  I'd never have to fertilize or water my lawn again if crab grass was acceptable to the homeowner's association.

Of course those crabby shoots that race out across the soil at light speed just might grab me by the ankles on my way to the car in the morning.......

No comments: