Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mental and Physical

Exactly when did this happen?

I joked the other day about life for those eligible for AARP, then found myself observing national Elderly Appreciation Day by climbing into bed before dusk had fully transformed to dark.

I though sure after a good night's rest on Monday I would have recovered from helping College Dude and Language Lass move into their new apartment... but apparently not.

Tuesday found me struggling to stay awake at work. I slipped out to my car at lunch for a twenty-minute power nap that ended up consuming my entire one hour lunch break.  Throughout my drive home I told myself I would exercise before dinner...then found myself flopped on the bed before I could change out of my work clothes.

It's not right.  Mentally I'm the same guy I was when I was nineteen, but physically...well I'm eligible for AARP.

No comments: