Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cosmic Hand

It was a cosmic experience - the hand of god reaching down to lift me away from my cares and woes.

The blanket of flat, steel gray clouds was broken by an enourmous puffy white cloud that unfolded into a gigantic hand right before my eyes. The sun must have been directly behind the gigantic hand because the palm and fingers had an internal orange glow.

After ten days of being sicker than I've been in several years, I would have willingly parked my car and stepped right into that welcoming hand had it lowered far enough. The thought of curling up - and sinking into - a cottony soft embrace would have been welcome relief from the sore throat, watery eyes, runny nose, raspy cough, and clogged ears that had filled my past few days.

Alas, a bend in the road sent the saving hand out of sight and I was left to travel on into the premature twilight beneath the dreary blanketed sky.

No comments: